AVRA -Amberwood Village Recreation Association
The board of directors of AVRA would like to thank:
1) ALE, AVGCC and TMSI for their help in running our first annual AV Community Day. It was a success and a good start to raising awareness of our community centre.
2) the volunteers who served on the Capital Funding Committee, to do research on fundraising activities and recommend a list of workable activities to the board. We hope that your work will start to come to fruition at the upcoming focus group meetings.
3) the volunteers who came out to do work on Spring Cleanup Day in Amberwood. Your efforts are appreciated and the community looks better for it.
4) the participants who came out to the focus group meetings. You gave us valuable opinions on how to prioritize our fund-raising activities to make Amberwood Village a better place.
5) the people who came to our first annual Amberwood Village Community Day. We hope that you met some nice people, perhaps participated in some activities and enjoyed the great weather.
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: Dave Short (613) 831-3202
Amberwood Village is a premier community in west Ottawa. It is home to a challenging 9-hole executive golf course, a fabulous restaurant Amberwood Lounge & Eatery (ALE), and features spectacular leisure activities like a heated outdoor pool, tennis courts and a pickleball court.
Amberwood Village Recreational Association (AVRA) is responsible for the property and buildings on and around the Amberwood Village golf course. The golf course, pool and tennis courts are managed by Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club (AVGCC), under a long term lease agreement with AVRA.
AVRA’s mission is “To best ensure the continued existence, viability and value of the Association’s assets for the use and enjoyment of the residents of Amberwood Village; and in so doing, contribute to maintaining and enhancing the property values of the owners.”
Who owns AVRA property? You do, if you are a member. If you are not a member, you can become one for a modest $50 one-time fee, which is good for as long as you own a property in Amberwood Village. With the membership, you get a piece of AVRA property, and a say in the direction of the organization through Annual General Meetings (AGM) held in the Fall of each year. Note, only AVRA members may attend the AGM or serve on the AVRA Board of Directors. If you would like to join AVRA, an application for membership can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Would you like to receive e-mail updates for AVRA and the Amberwood community? If so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your name and street address in Amberwood Village. Our updates are published 2 – 4 times annually.
Board of Directors (updated 2019 June)
We have 2 director positions available on the board, one from the Condos and one from the Trails. These positios will be interim until the next AGM. Please let us know if you are interested by sending your intent and a short bio (1-2 paragraphs) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
They are not available on this website, but will be sent to AVRA members who e-mail us at email@example.com and request a copy of the minutes.
Link to AVRA Bylaws: AVRA By-Laws
Link to AVRA proposed changes to Bylaws: AVRA Bylaws Updates
Click to download Application for Membership: AVRA Application for Membership 2019